Director, Strategic Initiatives
Director, Strategic Initiatives
Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) inspires, equips and mobilizes people to take actions that change the world. We envision a world in which everyone has discovered their power to make a difference, creating healthy communities in vibrant, participatory societies. For more information, please go to: www.pointsoflight.org/
Position Summary: The Director of Strategic Initiatives is a strategic level project manager bridging internal stakeholders and functions to deliver results for priority organizational goals. This person focuses on coordination and implementation and works closely with senior leaders and the CEO to frame the work, determine success indicators, ensure accountability lines, facilitate meetings, track budgets and milestones, and produce updates and summaries for executive audiences.
Reporting Structure: Reports to the CEO
Location: Atlanta, New York City or Washington, D.C.
POL headquarters are in Atlanta, and the organization maintains offices in New York City and Washington, D.C.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience working within and leading interdisciplinary teams, preferably through projects completed as part of a consulting firm;
- Has experience crafting and implementing strategic projects;
- Has worked in large organizations and/or cross functional-matrixed teams;
- Knows how to confidently and credibly share their point of view while developing trusting relationships;
- Has outstanding written, verbal, and visual communication skills;
- Has demonstrated superior analytical skills and experience managing budgets;
- Can balance between keeping the original scope and intent with incorporating new ideas or dealing with unplanned factors;
- Pays attention to detail and never misses a deadline; and
- Has the judgment to make connections when considering business decisions on possible opportunity costs and implications to process, budget, and other organizational goals.
- Frame and communicate strategic purpose and key deliverables of strategic initiatives;
- Manage day-to-day project activities, budget, and timeline for complex initiatives with cross functional teams;
- Produce milestone updates and summary reports and presentations for executive audiences;
- Manage tracking of all external stakeholder communications to ensure customer-service mindset and continued relationship development; and
- Lead debrief process to capture learning and inform future work.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 3+ years related project management experience
- Proven strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint, Google applications, CRM databases, project management tools, Adobe Creative Suite or similar is desirable.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits package.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Resumes@pointsoflight.org. Please reference Director, Strategic Initiatives in the subject line.